Friday, July 19, 2013

The things they say

What is up with kids these days? Mine are saying things to me that I could never have imagined saying to my parents. Not that I was a perfect child - well, actually I was until the age of four. Ask my mom. She'll tell you - but seriously. They're saying things like, "Don't post that picture on Facebook, Mom." And (imagine in a voice filled with dread), "You're going to put that on the blog, aren't you?"

It's really cramping my style and limiting my stories.

But I'm happy to report that AJ not only approved the posting of the following two pictures, he requested that I show them off.

Another successful fishing expedition:


Celebrating with "real Bulldogs" following a hockey camp at UMD:


On a somewhat related note (at least to my way of thinking), this past Sunday marked a bittersweet milestone for AJ and me. In church, when the pastor invited the kids to come up for the children's sermon, AJ stayed behind. For the last 4-5 years I've held my breath and prayed each time he went up there, hoping he wouldn't say or do anything too embarrassing, but taking comfort in knowing it'd be good blog material if he did.

And now he's too grown up for that, too.

(Sigh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment