Monday, October 14, 2013

Inspired to write

Inspiration can come from anywhere. Or anyone. Or anything.

When you're talking about inspiration to write, each writer's source is different. For me, it's sometimes a need to express myself. Writing helps me work through complicated thoughts or feelings. Sometimes I'm inspired by my audience and the desire to share with them something I think they will find interesting.

For Sydney, inspiration must come from the tooth fairy. Because twice now, when she's lost a tooth, (and pretty much no other time) she's reached for her diary to record this most exciting news.

Dear Diary, I lost my second tooth.


For weeks now, Sydney has wiggled her finger around on her tooth, insisting that the tooth is loose. She's requested apples for snacks and corn on the cob for dinner, but the tooth remained firmly in her mouth.

In recent days, I could at last tell it was loose. Sydney could twist it in her mouth. But still it stayed in place.

Finally this past weekend, with little fanfare and thankfully little blood, the tooth came out. Sydney wiggled or twisted it just enough and out it came. She of course has since had to tell just about everyone she's seen, "I pulled out my tooth myself."

When you're six, there's nothing like a lost tooth to remind me you that all is right with the world. And once she recorded this this history news in her diary, she went on to ask for help spelling the other major development in her life.
I am finally in girl scouts.
If you see her, don't let on that you know all this. It's very important that no one peak at the top secret stories in her diary. I'm the only one who knows, and I'm sure that will only last for as long as she needs help with spelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment