Thursday, October 24, 2013

Slide. Splash. Repeat.


One of the reasons I started this blog waaaaayyyy back when is because I'd fallen so far behind in scrapbooking that by the time I finally got around to putting pictures in albums, I'd forgotten the cute stories that went with them. And now that same problem seems to be striking my blogging efforts.

A couple weeks ago, while visiting family in the Twin Cities, we stayed at a hotel/waterpark near Elk River. I'm sure my kids made some wonderfully cute comments, but I didn't write them down, and now I can't remember them.

What I do recall is that Syndey - no surprise - was in the water constantly.


She's been asking if/when we could go on vacation again to Michigan, pretty much ever since we left Michigan last summer, primarily because she wants to return to the waterpark there.

Meanwhile, AJ discovered a big slide that wasn't too scary for his overly cautious nerves. And suddenly he was the one who couldn't be stopped. Up the steps, down the slide, into the water, and repeat. Again. And again.


And again.


And again. This is the face of a boy who's not just having fun, but who has conquered a longstanding fear.


And where was Sydney all this time? Playing in the water. Any water she could find. The kiddie area. The water basketball area. The floating path. The hot tub with Mom. It was all good.


And of course they're now asking when we can go back. As a waterpark it wasn't bad, but the rest of the hotel was about as basic as they come. For instance, good luck getting a pizza delivered to your room. There was no phone book in the room. And once the pizza was ordered and delivered, good luck signing the credit card slip because there was no pen in the room. What hotel room doesn't include a cheap plastic pen and small pad of paper? Not this one.

Though the shampoo smelled really good. So it's all about priorities, I guess.

AJ, I suspect, will always have fond memories of this place, if for no other reason than he finally felt brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment