Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fireworks

With fireworks exploding o'er the land of the free, the kids surprised me, proving this is the home of the brave.


Conquering their fear of fireworks, the kids actually seemed to enjoy the light show this year. The initial boom made me a bit nervous. More accurately, their cowering reaction to the initial boom made me fear it would be a long night.

AJ relaxed soon enough and began calling out the stereotypical, "Oooh... aaahhhh... that's my favorite!"


Sydney took a little longer to appreciate the colorful night lights, sitting in my lap and covering her ears. But eventually the sparkles in the sky (Mommy's a spin doctor, don't forget.) won her over and she joined her brother, proclaiming, "That one's my favorite. That one's my favorite, too."


The purple ones were prettiest, she decided, with the pink and yellow ones a close second. "Look at the sparkles!"

AJ liked all but the ones that made a hissing sound as lights zig-zagged across the sky. He decided they sounded too much like what soldiers would hear in battle, so therefore they were bad.

But the simple fact that they watched the fireworks with eyes open and ears uncovered is an improvement of last yeat. God bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment