Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Interior decorating - princess style

We're not just princesses, we're artistists! That's what Sydney declared as she helped decorate her bedroom walls with new easy-to-peel-off Disney Princess stickers.


This was something Sydney took very seriously. Dressed in her "beautiful gown", she must have felt inspired to add the royal decor. Sydney
knew exactly where she wanted each piece (i.e. wherever the whim struck), and insisted on helping.



I'd left the room at one point to see what AJ was up to, when suddenly I heard her call, "Mommy, I did it myself!"

Did I mention the stickers are easy to peel off and reposition? Thank goodness!





Sydney once again demonstrated her objection to the style philosophy of less is more. And so slowly but surely, so as not to be noticeable, Mommy has been peeling and shifting the stickers so that they're now more spread out across her wall.


Looking around the room at the multiple decorating themes, I realize I'm in no position to criticize. We seem to be adding decor on an almost annual basis. When she was a baby, I decorated with gerber daisies. Next up were star stickers on the headboard of her bed, followed closely by Dora, and now it's princesses.

The star stickers were the first to go. Such sacrifices we make as artistists!

No comments:

Post a Comment