Thursday, March 21, 2013

Don't judge a book...

I had a chance to look through some used books yesterday and pick one up for each of my kids. The pile included two classics (in my opinion, anyway) from my childhood, and so I was excited to bring them home and share them with the kids.

For AJ, it was a book I remember my third grade teacher reading to the class: How to eat fried worms. Quite honestly, I don't really remember how the plot went, but I remember that I loved it.

For Sydney, I found the book Madeline. Again, it's been so many years since I read it (and no, we haven't rented the movie version) that I don't recall what it's about. But I know I checked it out numerous times from the library as a child.

I presented the kids with the books. AJ got his first. He grinned at the title.

And then I pulled out Sydney's book. I'd barely announced the title when AJ grabbed it, "Oh, I love that book!"

At bedtime, he volunteered to read it to Sydney.



Sydney appreciated it, but was nowhere near as excited as her brother. Maybe I could introduce her to How to eat fried worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment