Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter break

It's been 10 days since I last wrote. I think that's the longest I've gone without blogging since I started nearly five years ago. Time flies when you're having fun.

I've been on vacation y'all. Deep in the heart of Texas. I had the best of intentions to write while we were there - even brought the laptop with me. But we were so busy having fun that I never found time to write.

And now we're back, and the reality of everyday life is smacking me in the face - catching up on laundry and vacuuming and grocery shopping, plus emptying backpacks and bags stuffed with seashells and other souvenir treasures so that tomorrow they can return to normal use going to school and work.

Of course, we also made time for the more fun parts of normal life. Like the Easter Bunny. Sydney wrote a note for the furry guy before she went to bed Saturday night. It read "Dear Easter Bunny, happy Easter."

Must have done the trick because the kids woke this morning to baskets full of goodies.



And then they were off: the annual mad scramble in search of candy-filled eggs.


Jeff did the honors this year of hiding the eggs - probably a good thing because I guess the Easter bunny was getting in a bit of a rut, always putting eggs in the same spots, which made them way to easy to find.


This time around, the kids had to look high and low to find some of the more cleverly hidden eggs.


When they were done, even before they opened the plastic eggs to see what was inside, AJ had to count to see who'd gotten the most. Much to his dismay, the crown has been passed. He got beat by his little sister.


Reality can be a tough pill to swallow. Luckily it's still pretty sweet when chocolate and jelly beans are involved. And when taken with a dose of perspective of how blessed we are to have been able to spend a week on vacation.

Pictures to come...

Happy Easter to all. He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment