Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Think inside the box

I've always considered myself to be a fairly creative writer. Having a three-year-old, I now realize that I'm really just a pretty conventional writer.

With the exception of a big stuffed duck, which he apparently felt he needed to use as a pillow, AJ pulled all of his toys out of his toybox. He then proceeded to climb in and play peek-a-boo with Sydney, lifting the cover up and down. Sydney absolutely loved the game and squealed with laughter each time AJ would pop his head up.

Writer that I am, I immediately started envisioning the caption for this photo to be "AJ in the box". I must have said something to that effect outloud, because AJ stopped and corrected me.

"No, Mom. Not a box. This is a rocket ship."

Of course it is. THAT'S creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment