Monday, May 7, 2012

The acrobat

I'm pretty sure these aren't moves she's learning in dance class. But all weekend long, Sydney has been inspired to show off for me.

"Mommy! Mommy can I show you a trick?"


She then proceeds to attempt various acrobatic moves, all involving the back of the couch.


"Mommy! I have another trick I want to show you."

They don't always end well.


After politely applauding and praising her moves, I go back to work in the kitchen. And then a minute later...

"Mommy, come see my NEW trick!


I've started watching more closely the TV shows she's been watching, trying to figure out her sudden source for inspiration. In the meantime, I'm sure I'll also be watching plenty more cool tricks.

1 comment:

  1. The CIRCUS???? I just checked back because I remember you writing....."There's nothing like a circus to plant all sorts of new career dreams in young, impressionable minds." Combine that with being almost 5 yrs old??? Who knows where kids get these ideas. Seems to me I remember similar things in years past. :>)

    ReplyDelete