Friday, June 7, 2013

End of year blahs

I am SO not into blogging lately. You've probably guessed that based on the infrequency of posts these past few weeks. It's not that my kids are any less funny or less busy. We've been on several field trips, plus both kids have started baseball, so I certainly have stories and photos to share. I'm just finding better this to do with my time than sit in front of a computer. Which is a good thing.

But I can't help but wonder if I'm dealing with a bit of end of school year exhaustion. Clearly I'm not alone in this. I've seen several friends share a blog link on facebook entitled "Worst end of school year mom ever", which includes the oh-so-descriptive-of-me-line, "We are limping, limping across the finish line, folks." 

And then, as if to get even with me for my less than well filled in calendar that's supposed to list how much AJ reads each day, his teacher sent home a packet today with calendars for June, July and August. The calendars included a note that if the kids read books from at least five different genres over the summer and return the calendars to her in the fall, she'll have a special treat waiting for them.

AJ already seemed ready to accept defeat  because one of the genres is supposed to be poetry. I told him that's what libraries are for, my dear. I know he/we can do this. But I sure hope the special treat is more than a Tootsie Roll. We don't want to start out the new school year disillusioned. Or limping.

No comments:

Post a Comment