Thursday, June 13, 2013

Relax, it's summer vacation

How lucky we are to have a hot tub. It's such a great way to relax. And the kids, Jeff and the dog definitely need it. Because they've had so much stress in their lives during this first week of summer vacation.


Or not.

Though Sydney needed it. Because she was filthy and it's much easier to get her in the hot tub than in the bathtub or shower. And I needed it, because I was sore from the previous day's workout and I knew I'd be working out again the next day. 

I asked everyone if they wanted to join me. Sydney was an enthusiastic yes. Jeff and AJ both declined. I told Sydney to give me a couple minutes to finish what I was working on, and then we could put on our suits and have some girl time. By the time I changed, Sydney was ready to go, as were Jeff and AJ who'd apparently changed their minds.


Sydney requested a slushie to drink in the tub. She's watched us enough to know how to soak in style. Cheers!


Thankfully, AJ has a short attention span and so doesn't last in the tub for long, which gives us that much more space and calmness.


What a blessing to be together, and to finally experience summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment