Sunday, August 3, 2008

Excuse me, whose cage is this?

Yes, I admit I've made jokes in the past that it's too bad you can't say "Kennel up!" to a child. But I swear I had nothing to do with this.

During a weekend visit to Grandpa and Grandma Larson's house, Sydney decided to check out Dudley's digs. At one point, she reached into his food dish, grabbed a few pieces and tried feeding him by hand. Dudley didn't seem to appreciate Sydney's desire to share his abode. He grabbed his favorite stuffed toy and pulled it from her reach.

This wasn't a one-time event. Sydney repeatedly tried sneaking into the kennel. On Sunday, still in the pretty dress she'd worn to church, she managed to sit down in Dudley's waterdish. The dress soaked up that water like a sponge! That was Sydney's final venture into the kennel. I'm not sure she learned any lessons from this, but Mommy finally did.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Max has an interest in kennels too. We got several pictures of him last Christmas in the kennel with my sister's dog.

    ReplyDelete