Saturday, August 23, 2008

The things they get into...

"Hey Mommy, look at me. Wheeeee!"

Is there any phrase more sure to strike fear in the heart of any parent who hasn't been paying attention to where their child has wandered off?

Luckily, this time it was only AJ's imagination running wild. I found him sitting inside an upside down stool and asked him what he was doing.

"I'm on a rollercoaster. Wheeeee!"

Of course. I should have known.

Sydney, meanwhile, is the one who continues to sneak off and get herself in the same predicament every time. Her favorite game the last few days is to climb the two steps leading up to AJ's bed. But that's as far as she can go. She can't get onto his bed, and she can't climb back down. And that's when she starts shouting, "Uh! Uh! Uh!" Until one of us comes to rescue her.

She comes by it honestly, I'm told. Apparently I used to do the same thing when I was her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment