Thursday, August 7, 2008

Grab the leash. It's parade time. Huh?

No, I'm not taking my child for a walk on the dog's leash. This was his idea. "Grab that end, Mommy. We're a parade."

You couldn't tell that?

I've been wracking my brain for two days trying to figure this one out. And suddenly I think I understand. AJ's daycare class goes to the library once a week for story time. I bet the kids have to hang onto a rope as they walk down the street. And I'm guessing, to make it fun, one of the teachers has told the kids they're marching in a parade.

Speaking of parades, our community's summer fun day is Saturday. When I told AJ about it, he excitedly asked, "Will there be fire trucks?"
"Yes."
"And ambulances?"
"Maybe."
"And canons?"
"Probably not canons," I said.
The ever-hopeful AJ answered, "But we'll check..."
"Yes. We'll watch in case there are canons in the parade."

1 comment:

  1. Our favorite is the princess on the float. AND the candy and freebies that people hand out.

    ReplyDelete