Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Here fishy, fishy...

While in the Cities this weekend, the General, accompanied by the Red Knight, decided to accept PNC Larson's offer to borrow some fishing gear. (Warning: unless you're familiar with a certain e-mail exchange between Jeff and my Dad, don't bother trying to decipher that first sentence.)

Unfortunately, the fish were asleep. At least, that's what AJ told me. I'm not sure if he came up with that on his own, or if Jeff provided the excuse. The slumbering fish, I must note, sure tossed and turned a lot. I saw a couple of them jump out of the water.

It must have been the bait's fault. "It's wiggling!" AJ exclaimed as he displayed the lucky worm that hadn't yet been used to try and coax the fish awake.

There's a certain symmetry in this story. On Memorial Weekend, the unofficial start of summer, my two brave anglers tried unsuccessfully to hook a keeper, or any size fish for that matter, on our river. Fast forward three months to Labor Day Weekend, summer's unofficial end, and the intrepid fishermen landed similar results (or lack thereof) on my parents' lake. Better luck next year, boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment