Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Take a waka waka back in time

Ah... the funny things we used to say. They sound even funnier coming from a preschooler. For instance: "Gobble up those ghosts, Daddy!" or "Daddy got the cherry."

No, this wasn't an attempt to re-live the glory days of our youth. (Or maybe it was, just a little.) While celebrating our friend Jess' birthday last week, we discovered an old Mrs. Pacman game in the corner of the restaurant. AJ, who is fascinated by video games, wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately, the machine didn't work, and I didn't figure that out until after I'd stuck two quarters in it.
So when we got home, I pulled out our old PlayStation game (you know, the one a certain unnamed member of our family thought we should include on our wedding gift registry) and hooked it up.
AJ sure thought that was cool. I don't think he ever really played the game. But he got to hold one of the controllers and push some buttons and knobs. And that was enough.

Let's hear it for Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde! This sure was a trip down memory lane.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I could provide some inspiration! I'm glad you guys made it out that night.

    ReplyDelete