Wednesday, December 22, 2010

At last... Santa!

Such a good little Swede. At an early family Christmas last Saturday, AJ loved the pickled herring (for the one millionth time let me emphasize how I don't influence my children's tastes.)

Or maybe he was just demonstrating his best behavior because he knew a particular visitor was about to arrive. While waiting for Santa, the kids grew tired of the adults singing Christmas carols. They didn't know the words and can't read the lyric sheets to join in. And so AJ took matters into his own hands, climbing on stage and performing a song from his school's Christmas program. When even that didn't bring Santa to the room, AJ enlisted the help of his sister and cousin. Thank goodness everyone seemed willing to tollerate my little show-offs.

And then at last, the man of the hour arrived. Sydney was enchanted.

Could this possibly be the same little girl who threw a fit last year and refused to go near St. Nick?

Santa didn't disappoint. Though once again I was left wondering why Santa always seems to bring toys with so many pieces. One of these years I'm going to have to have a talk with that guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment