Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Groggy girl

She may have the looks of a sweet little princess, but when Sydney doesn't want to wake up in the morning, her personality is more in line with what you would expect from a fairy tale's stereotypical evil/ugly step-sister.

"Mommy!" she mumbled without opening her eyes one recent morning. "I want to still sleep."

"I know you do," I told her, "but Mommy has to go to work, so give me a hug before I go."

Her eyes remained closed. Her body didn't move. Instead, she puckered up and blew me an air kiss. She then stalled for time, over enunciating, "Go hug goodbye my brother Alex."

"Sydney, let's go," I insisted.

"Mommy," she answered back with equal firmness, "don't wake up me."

1 comment:

  1. She's only THREE? Ha. Wait until she's a TEENAGER. "It only get's 'better'", as Grandpa Dave just added.

    ReplyDelete