Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Who's been sleeping in MY bed

Our goldilocked duo added a new twist to the game of musical beds last night. By morning, none of us were in the bed where we started.
2:15 - AJ showed up in our room. With less than a month to go until Halloween, his imagination is in overdrive. And with his Superman jammies in the laundry, he didn't have his cape to protect him from the monsters in his room. We pulled him into bed with us.
2:20 - Sydney woke up. Normally, I would have gotten her from her crib and brought her into bed with us. But since we were already dealing with overcrowding, I brought her instead to the couch, settling in for the remaining short hours until the alarm went off.
4:50 - Jeff woke me up, offering to switch spots. Sydney fussed during the hand-off, but seemed to fall back asleep fairly quickly. I meanwhile, went back to bed, re-setting the alarm for 5:15, so that I could grab an extra 15 minutes of sleep.
By 6:15, it was my turn to wake up Jeff, leaving the sleeping princess to lounge by herself.
And now, as I finish typing this, I can hear AJ bouncing around the living room. At least one of us is well rested. Mama, Papa and baby are feeling a bit bear-ish.

1 comment:

  1. With that kind of night, I can only hope that you had porridge that was "just right" to keep you fueled for the day.

    Lily took a 1/2 hour nap yesterday and then was awake until 10pm... tonight might be really ugly at our house.

    ReplyDelete