Friday, October 10, 2008

Sometimes kids can come in handy

First of all, for those keeping tally: here's AJ in his THIRD pair of glasses. We certainly are getting our money's worth on the frame package we bought - an unlimited number of free replacements for two years!

Now, to my confession...
While shopping at Target today, I had to go to the bathroom. Thankfully, the handicap stall was open, so I was able to drag both kids in with me. I went to the bathroom, and then discovered... no toilet paper. And no one in the stall next to me to help.

So what did I do? I asked AJ to crawl under the divider into the adjoining stall. He was more than happy to help. He scampered into the next stall and grabbed a long piece. And that was the last part of the process that went smoothly.

It didn't occur to him to simply hand the toilet paper under the divider to me, despite my repeated requests for him to do that. No, he instead managed to wrap the toilet paper around his legs. By the time he'd climbed out of this mini mummy wrap, most of it had touched the floor, and some of it had even been stepped on. His next trick was to walk out of the stall. Apparently he figured he could just walk in the door of my stall. But of course the door was locked, and since this was the large handicap stall, there was no way I could reach the door handle while sitting on the toilet.

He finally started listening to me as I directed him back into the adjoining stall, where he at last handed the toilet paper under the divider. And then he grabbed another piece for me. Except he couldn't tear it off. So I next got a strip of toilet paper that was approximately 10 feet long. Worked for me!

I told AJ to just wait for me as I finished my "business" and opened the door. Sydney merely followed, giving both of us a look as if we were nuts. Perhaps she is right.

And yes, Lisa, I did make AJ wash his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment