Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Captain Ghost Hands

Someday he'll ask, "Mom, how could you?"

To which I'll answer, "How could I not?"

To AJ's 5-year-old way of thinking, Jeff's old dress boots complete the ensemble, turning him into the ultimate pirate. Not just any pirate: Captain Ghost Hands!


Aaarghhh!
And yet, I wasn't the one laughing the loudest. Sydney was. She giggled nearly non-stop, taunting her big brother to chase her.
She figured out pretty quickly that AJ, wearing the loose boots, couldn't catch her. No matter how hard he tried.

And so each time he'd try to sound tough, announcing he was Captain Ghost Hands, Sydney would squeal and laugh, calling out, "Hey Pirate Boy!"


In this era of the three R's: "reduce, re-use, recycle," these boots have been put to a great new use: backyard entertainment. And so I have to ask: does that make them the fourth "Aaarghhh?"
(Bad pun! How could I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment