Thursday, July 1, 2010

Precious

Is there anything more adorable than watching children learn to interact with each other?

Young kids are so used to living in a world that revolves around their every need and whim. I consider it a treat to be able to glimpse as they notice and reach out to other children.

They're fascinated by each other, and I am equally fascinated to watch them. I can't quite tell if they're seeing the other child as another person, or just a big, curious, movable doll.

I took the above photo of Sydney and Zane last Sunday. As I was looking at it, I couldn't help but draw comparisons to another picture I snapped almost five years ago - of AJ as a baby, discovering his cousin Ellie.

AJ was about six months old at the time. Ellie would have been almost three.
It's amazing to see the bond that is instinctively there between these kids and their cousins, no matter the miles that separate them. It's just as fun to watch that bond develop and grow stronger as they get older. How lucky we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment