Saturday, April 9, 2011

Another day at the office

If the dancer, doctor, princess or fairy options don't work out for Sydney, perhaps she'll want to add Advertising Account Exec./Copywriter to her list of career options.


Much of Friday's Mommy/Sydney day ended up being focused on Mommy's committments. Thankfully, Sydney was happy to come along. In fact, she could have stayed home with Jeff, who woke up just as we were preparing to head out the door. But she chose to come with me. For one key reason.

"Daddy, I'm going to a meeting," she announed. "And there's pizza!"

I've been volunteering as event chair for the March of Dimes' upcoming March for Babies (anyone want to donate, please let me know.) To fit my schedule, meetings are held Friday afternoons, and kids are welcome. As an added bonus this week, free pizza was served.

Sydney did a great job sitting through the meeting, which stretched much longer than it should have. Every so often she unintentionally entertained us as she played with her princesses and prince. This kid could have a future as a soap opera writer. "Oh, Sleeping Beauty. Oh, Michael. Oh, Cinderella." was a sampling of what I heard her say.

Our next stop was at my office so I could proofread something that needed to go to the printer. By the time I was done, Sydney had disappeared. (She tends to walk around the agency like she owns it.) I found her in my office, pounding away on the computer, thus the photo at the top.

"I'm writing a story," she announced.

It makes perfect sense. Whenever the kids ask me what I did at work, my simplified answer generally is, "I went to some meetings... I wrote a few stories..."

As we left, Sydney asked if she could type some more on the computer at home. "We'll see," was my answer.

"I want to write more stories," she told me, "about princesses."

Yes, soap opera writing could very well be in her future.

No comments:

Post a Comment