Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ever changing

Oh where, oh where has my Sydney gone? Oh where, oh where could she be?

My little, pink-loving diva suddenly informed me she doesn't want a princess birthday anymore. She wants to have a Batman party instead. And at bedtime, instead of her usual insistance on her nightgown or all-pink pair of pajamas, she decided to wear AJ's hand-me-down sleeper.


I doubt this shift in preferences will last long. By morning she was multi-tasking, taking care of Baby Sleeping Beauty, while watching her Sleeping Beauty movie, which of course requires her to act out the scenes with her Sleeping Beauty and Prince figures.

Oh no! She can't find her regular Sleeping Beauty figure, only the version of her in a wedding dress, and that simply doesn't work. Especially because the wedding dress version of the doll has a veil that keeps falling off, so "she's just a peasant," I was told.

I heard a statistic recently that reading to a child exposes them to 20-percent more words than they'd normally hear in conversation. When I hear my 3-year-old use the word "peasant", I wonder if that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment