Monday, April 4, 2011

Cover models

I stopped in at the Children's Museum last Friday on a work/volunteer-related mission. As we were heading out the door, the colleague I was with pointed to the brochure and said something to the effect of, "Dana, that's AJ!"


Sure enough, there was AJ's photo. Right above a picture of Sydney.

I recall a visit months ago when one of the employees (who I know through some volunteer committees we've served on together) was taking pictures and asked me to sign a release. I'd been taking pictures, too, and showed her a couple of my favorites on the camera. She'd asked me to e-mail her a few of them, which I'd done.

Late last year the pictures popped up on a fundraising brochure for the Depot Foundation. And now they're here. AJ's so excited he's bringing a copy to show his class. (Yes, to the Grandmas who are reading this, I grabbed an extra copy for each of you.)

Interestingly, the reason for my visit last Friday was to ask the museum president to be involved in the upcoming March for Babies. I wonder if it increased his interest in helping to see how I and my kids have helped support his organization.

The Children's Museum is dedicated to helping children explore and learn by playing and using their imaginations. Call me biased, but I think they chose the perfect imaginations to feature.

1 comment:

  1. How cool is that? Before I even finished reading your blog, Dad said, "E-mail her and tell her to get a copy for us." So I guess it's not just the Grandma's you needed to grab that copy for.
    Dad also asked me to add, "Are you SUREMom you don't want a worm farm?

    ReplyDelete