Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fans gone Wild

It's kind of interesting to look at the stats of how readers find my blog. For instance, I know that a whole lot of people have trouble typing "imagination" when they do a good search to find my blog's web address. If you look at my most read stories (at right), it's not a list of my best-written pieces. It's a list of examples of key words that random strangers happen to use as search terms.

Example: When do I get the undying love and devotion - you wouldn't believe how many people search for "amputee barbie".

Example: Ho-ho-ho-hosanna - lots of people apparently want to know the lyrics to this traditional Sunday school song.

And the most popular example of them all: Brush with fame - more than 200 people have stumbled upon my blog while searching for a picture of Cal Clutterbuck.

So why am I writing about this now? Because two Minnesota Wild players were in town earlier this week on the summer fan tour. Jeff took the kids to get autographs, and DIDN'T TAKE ANY PICTURES OF THEM.

Talk about missed opportunities! Imagine the traffic to my blog if I had two more sports celebrity photos to share. Did Jeff really think I was suggesting he take the kids to this for the kids' sake? Silly.

So here's the best I can do. AJ got autographed pictures of Jason Zucker, Tom Reid and Nate Prosser. Note the commetary he added to the two current players.


He also brought a team poster, which they signed. Can you find them in the photo? Don't worry. Neither can AJ.

And a puck. How could you not want to get a puck autographed by Nate Prosser? (Never mind that if you flip it over you'll see it features a photo of Cal Clutterbuck.)


And just about the time I was wondering if AJ had slowed up the line while the players autographed a bazillion things for him, he showed me one more item. I think the black squiggly marks on the right shoulder say Nate Prosser.


Don't get them confused with all the other black squiggly marks on the back of the shirt. Those are the faded autographs of other players who are probably long gone. I bought the shirt at a  garage sale when AJ was about four. He's been wearing it ever since and refuses to part with it. Now, I suspect, he'll want to wear the too small shirt even longer.

AJ thought it was pretty cool to meet two more players. Sydney thought it was pretty cool just because her brother thought it was pretty cool.

I'll find it pretty cool to see how many people find this blog based on the key words I just repeated in this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment