Saturday, June 30, 2012

My son, the scammer

My son amazes me with his ever growing knowledge, and he impresses me with his sensitivity. At the same time, however, I sometimes can't ignore the fact that he's turning into a bit of a scammer.

Friday night, he was invited to a friend's birthday party. Afterward, as we were driving home, he excitedly sorted through his goodie bag of treats, eventually pulling out a jawbreaker.

"We had a pinata, and guess what I got for you!" He excitedly told me as he reached forward and handed me the candy.

What a sweet and well-trained child! He remembered, thanks to countless parades, that I love jawbreakers, and in the midst of the scramble for candy when the pinata broke open, he actually thought to grab one for me.

Later in the evening, as bedtime neared, AJ approached me and revealed he'd actually gotten two additional jawbreakers.


"Mom, I'll let you have both of these if you let me stay up until 11 o'clock."

No comments:

Post a Comment