Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Missing the big picture

It's tough for kids to get older. One minute their cute little preschoolers saying the darnedest things and filling their mom's blog day after day. And then one day they wake up and discover they've been replaced. By their cousins.


We went to the Cities this past weekend and had a great time visiting my parents and my siblings. And when we got back and I looked at the photos I'd taken, I couldn't help but notice that like all but about three of them focus on my brother's kids. They're just too cute.


Even when they're making funny faces. Adorable.


My kids did make it into a couple of shots.


As long as they were playing with my brother's kids.


It was the first time we'd seen my snowbird parents since Christmas. So you'd think there'd be a lot of photos of them. Think again. There's my mom in the background.


And here's as much of a photo as I got of my dad.


I did get one photo that none of my brother's kids appears in. Clearly, I wasn't the one who took it.


So I guess that's the trick. The next time I go for a visit, I need to hand off my camera to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment