Monday, May 6, 2013

Star Writer

What a hectic weekend! We did some major spring cleaning and de-cluttering, during which Sydney started complaining she had a tummy ache. I, of course, assumed she was just trying to get out of helping with the work. I don't know who would have taught her that technique. (If my mom and sister are reading this, don't answer that!)

But then she threw up, so I finally believed her, and spent the rest of the weekend caring for a sick child. She's better now. She's moved from the actually sick stage to the milking if for all it's worth stage. I'm not sure which stage is worse.

I'm saying all this by way of explaining my lack of blogging. In fact, today, I'm going to let AJ take over by totally plagiarizing a writing assignment he aced. (And I would have said that even if he hadn't received a perfect score. Read it and you'll understand why.)


In case clicking on the image to enlarge it still doesn't make it legible, here's what he wrote:

Jeff Kazel is one of the bravest dads in america. And is a police lieutenant. He is the leader of many police officers.
Before he was that he was a soldier.
When he's at home he likes to play hockey a lot. that's why he's one of the bravest dads in the country.

Yes, I see a few minor corrections from the teacher. (And I might have made a few more.) But how can you not give a perfect score to a child who so idolizes his dad? I give him bonus points just for attempting to spell lieutenant.

No comments:

Post a Comment