Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Maybe I should believe her when she says her tummy hurts

Random thoughts running through my head this morning:

"Shoot! I still haven't washed the floor in the kitchen and dining room."

"I again don't have enough time to blog."

With massive heave, Sydney solved both issues for me.

I guess she's not done with the stomach bug quite yet.


I probably should start believing her when she says her tummy doesn't feel so good.

Sydney, as I mentioned yesterday, was sick this past weekend. But she seemed fine by Monday and went to school. She ate dinner last night - no problem. This morning, she ate a bigger than normal amount of cereal and then asked for more. I figured she must be refueling after not eating as much as usual the last few days. All seemed well, and then she announced her tummy hurt a little.

"You'll be fine," I assured her, figuring she was just trying to get out of going to school.

A few minutes before the bus was scheduled to arrive, I told the kids to get shoes and coats on. And that's when Sydney tossed her cookies. Cookie Crisp cereal, to be exact. All over the floor.

She stayed remarkably throughout. Her brother did not handle it as well.

I wish I'd had a camera.

Hand over his mouth, eyes wide with horror, AJ could only stare at the front door that was all too close to the remnants of Sydney's breakfast. Calculating that the bus would be here any moment he announced, "I have to go out a different door."

I sent Sydney into the bathroom and did my best to clean up the mess and keep the dog out of it while calling Jeff to begin comparing schedules. He headed home so that I could work in the morning, and then we switched off at lunch.

And so here I am. My kitchen and dining room floor are now freshly cleaned. I've got time to blog. And it's 75 degrees and sunny. So it's really not all that bad.

As for Sydney, she wants a hot dog to eat. I suggested crackers instead. She responded, "No thank you. I think my tummy needs time to settle."

And she wonders why I don't always believe her.

No comments:

Post a Comment