Wednesday, December 3, 2008

How many more days?

I always thought these Advent chains were good for teachers looking for a simple craft idea to keep their young students busy. Now I understand the value they offer to parents of impatient preschoolers.

I believe it was the third time within just a few hours that AJ asked, "Is Santa coming today?"... that I decided he needed a visual tool to help him understand just how long he would be waiting for the Big Guy to arrive.

Of course I couldn't stop there. I do, after all, have way too many stamping/scrapbooking supplies that have been gathering dust in the last year. So I added decorations for "special" days. For instance, I know AJ will have two opportunities to see Santa before Christmas. So I stamped a Santa hat and stuck it on those days' links on the chain. Just for fun, I stamped candy canes and treats on a couple of days, so he can have an extra treat on those days, like the reindeer cookie he's happy to show off in this photo.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! We have an advent box with little drawers for each day. the drawers are just big enough to put 2 fruit snack bags in.

    ReplyDelete