Saturday, December 13, 2008

Illness update

No photo today. The big computer is getting fixed this weekend, and I don't have the energy to figure out how to load photos into the laptop.

I think I'm mostly over whatever bug made me miserable yesterday. Unfortunately, it seems to have moved on to Sydney. She threw up a little after 4 this morning. She then slept until 8:30, and woke up wanting to eat. The fact that she has any kind of apetite is hopefully a good sign that the worst is past for her now, too.

The only problem for AJ, meanwhile, is he's getting too smart for his own good. Sitting on the couch watching cartoons this morning, he asked me for a hug, which of course I was happy to give. After a few seconds, he pulled away, announcing, "That's enough. I don't want your germs."

A little while later, as I was reading the paper, I could see Maggie on the back step. I asked AJ to let her inside.

AJ responded by wrapping his arms around his mid-section and saying, "I can't. My tummy's starting to hurt."

I was concerned until a few minutes later - after I'd already gotten up to get Maggie - when he started bouncing around with a character on a cartoon. I said, "I thought you didn't feel good."

He responded, "I'm better now."

1 comment: