Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh the guilt!

AJ was quite excited earlier this week to get to wear his Superman pajamas to school. It was "pajama and teddy bear" day. Or so I thought. I could have sworn I'd seen it on a schedule that had been sent home from daycare a few weeks earlier. I'd even written it on our calendar as a reminder.
Turns out I was wrong. Where I read that remains a mystery. None of the other kids were in pajamas, and the teacher looked quite confused by AJ's pj's.
If he were any older, this could be the start of counseling for us. Luckily, he's still so enamored with his Superman pajamas, that he couldn't have cared less.
Instead, he found a different reason to send me on a guilt trip. For the last few weeks, I've been very busy with freelance writing, so I haven't been able to snuggle with him at bedtime as much as usual. I always explain to him that I'll just be in the next room working on the computer. So one evening last week, as I was kissing him goodnight, he gave me a big hug and asked, "Mommy, when you're done computering, then will you come back and snuggle?"

No comments:

Post a Comment