Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow day

Let's hear it for blizzards - at least the ones that hit on a weekend when everyone is safe at home. This snow came as a blessing in disguise. After being sick Friday, and about half strength on Saturday, I'm finally feeling good today - so being snowed in has given me lots of time to work on the projects I didn't have the energy to do earlier in the weekend.

Another blessing came late this evening - in the form of a pickup truck with a plow on the front. Thank goodness for wonderful neighbors. Cory was able to clear our driveway in about two minutes, something that I bet would have taken us an hour with the snowblower. Meanwhile, our neighbor on the other side called earlier in the day to make sure Jeff had made it home safely from Ripley. Otherwise, she was all set to send her husband over to help plow. There's nothing like 9-inches of snow (as of 6 p.m.) to remind me of what awesome neighbors we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment