Sunday, February 15, 2009

I'll fix you, Mommy

Just like that, the sweetness, the sincerity, the innocence... it's all gone. What started out as a cute "doctor's check-up," now has me questioning all of AJ's motivations.


While waiting for our Valentine's cookies to cool, my seemingly sincere son started digging in the utensil drawer. That led to an impromptu exam by Dr. AJ.

A little later, we moved our game into Sydney's room. Dr. AJ continued his efforts to "take care of Mommy" with karate chops on my back, which actually served as a pretty nice massage. Later, he even rubbed my foot.

When Jeff came in to take a photo, AJ looked up and said, "Daddy, help me do this. Maybe we'll get a bedtime treat."

And that's when it hit me. Despite all my best efforts. AJ is going to turn into a man.

1 comment: