Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Romeo, Romeo...

"Balentine's Day" is an exciting - and busy - time for a certain preschooler at our house. We can't walk by a Valentine display at a store without AJ stopping to examine the heart-shaped boxes of chocolate.

"I need to get this for my friend, Hanna," he has repeatedly insisted. (I repeatedly insist the answer is no.)


Meanwhile, AJ also is excitedly working on "letters" to send to all his friends. Sort of. Over the weekend, he found a forgotten and nearly full box of 101 Dalmations-themed Valentines. (I'm guessing I bought them years ago to send cards to Jonathon and Jessica.)

But here's the odd part. AJ doesn't want the Valentines. He's taking the small Valentine-size envelopes, and then stuffing those into larger envelopes he found in the same drawer. He then painstakingly licks the larger envelope shut.

He asked me for helping writing the letters. What did he want to say? I quote:

"I love you my buddies. Love, AJ. You want to come to my birthday? Yes, you can."

This was the point when I pulled out the real Valentines he'll be handing out - Spiderman - and got him working on the very important task of signing his name on the back of each one. This is the first year he's been able to do that, so it's a big deal.

1 comment:

  1. hmmm... buying expensive presents for the ladies already!

    ReplyDelete