Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Action!

At the risk of sounding like an annoying proud mom, I have to again write about AJ's success on the soccer field. He is having so much fun this year, and is definitely the most aggressive one on the team.

(Jonathon and Jessica, feel free to analyze his form here and offer any pointers. He's going to want to play with you the next time we visit.)
At the end of the game, I overheard the other coach talking with our main coach. The gist of the conversation was that they had a really good player and we had a really good player, and it was fun to watch them go head-to-head and challenge each other through-out the game. What really caught my attention was when the other coach asked, "What was that boy's name? AJ?"
Yeah. I'm just a little proud.
The temperature was in the upper 80s throughout the game, so we made sure the kids drank lots of water. During one of the breaks, Jeff squirted AJ's friend Avery with one of the water bottles to cool her off. That started a whole new game. At one point, even I got doused. (Thanks AJ!) I suggested to the kids that they should instead squirt Coach Jeff at the end of the game.
Any water left in the water bottles ended up poured over Jeff's head. (That's Avery, the original water bottle victim, waiting in line behind AJ.)

I suspect we've started a new team tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment