Friday, August 27, 2010

The dirt on Sydney

I came home from work yesterday to be greeted by the dirtiest little girl I have ever seen. Sydney clearly had had a fun day outside at daycare. Her face. Her legs. Even the crease on the inside of her elbows. All were streaked and stained grayish-brown.

So dirty was my little darling that I insisted she take a bath before dinner. Perhaps an even stronger indicator: I was so shocked that it didn't even occur to me to take her picture until it was too late to capture the evidence on her.

But perhaps this will give you an idea of how much dirt came off of her. Note the color of the water in the tub:


As she happily played in the water, Sydney explained how she'd come to be so messy.

"I was just playing in the dirt with Izzy," she told me. "Izzy got dirty too."

Well, doesn't that just make it all okay, then? It kind of reminds me of the "but you should see the other guy" rationalization.

As dirty as the water had become, I actually insisted on rinsing her with water fresh from the tap.


And then, just like that, my little princess was clean again. Just in time to get ketchup all over her chin, arms and hands at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment