Sunday, August 8, 2010

Wild things

What's that creature peering through the glass at AJ?

Here's another look at it as it passed by a different panel of very-thick glass, a panel that hadn't been scratched and gnawed at quite as much:

Jeff had to work late on Friday night, so, to give him a quiet house Saturday morning, I took my wild things to look at the animals at the Lake Superior Zoo. I called it "Operation: Give Daddy a quiet house to sleep in."
At the petting zoo, AJ got really close to the llama, until the llama suddenly decided to stare right back at him. I snapped this shot just as AJ jumped away.

Sydney had no desire to see the animals close up. She prefers just about any animal that Diego has saved in one of his cartoons. I again can't recall the name of these adorable little monkeys. But Sydney insisted I take their picture.


Perhaps she didn't trust my photography skills, because she seemed to want a back up source. As I turned around after snapping the picture, I discovered she'd swiped my phone from my purse and was snapping a shot of her own. (Mine turned out better.)
And of course, no trip to the zoo is complete without climbing on the big frogs and turtle. This was a first for Sydney - she made it to the top of the big frog all by herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment