Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bringing up baby

Didn't I just make the comment that Sydney has been ignoring her dolls lately? She loves her play kitchen and cooking pretend food for me, but she couldn't care less about her dolls. I'd suggest to her to feed her babies and she flippantly answers, "They're not hungry."

I'm pretty sure I told my mom this just this past Sunday.

Do you suppose Sydney overheard something? And even if she did, would that have motivated her to change? Consider the otherwise coincidental evidence:


That's the Scooby Doo gang, in case you couldn't tell. They're all lined up and tucked in for bed. Monday night, Sydney provided them with pillow and blanket.

By Wednesday, she was also caring for her other dolls, making sure they got their bedtime treat of strawberries and cookies.

Note the grip Sydney has on the doll's hair. She was making sure the doll sat up straight. I didn't say she was taking good care of her dolls... just that all of a sudden she's paying attention to them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment