Wednesday, September 15, 2010

City kids

It's not as if my children live in the heart of a big city, but after watching them at the State Fair this year, (yes, I'm finally writing about the Fair) I can conclude they're definitely not farm kids. Take Sydney, for example. I definitely note a look of concern/wariness on her face while in the animal barn.


And believe it or not, the fact that she was standing on her own, as opposed to clinging to my neck, is progress over last year. At age 2, she was terrified of all critters big and small. By age 3, she was at least interested in the baby animals.



Piglets were here favorites. We got to see them both in the pig barn and in the miracles of birth exhibit.


Meanwhile, AJ was perhaps a little too excited.

If he had to milk a real cow, how long do you suppose his enthusiasm would last before the novelty wore off? I give it two days max!


The babies were a hit with AJ too. The lines weren't too long this year, so he was able to pet a chick, duck, rabbit and sheep.
And then we headed back to our happy little life in suburbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment