Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Figuring it out

Leave it to my child, while playing the parachute game in which you're supposed to lift the big canvas up OVER your head and then all squeeze in together UNDER it, to find the hole to stick his head THROUGH.

Sunday afternoon, I volunteered for the Duluth Youth Agency Coalition's Kick off for Kids event. It's a group I initially got involved with through work, but then continued helping because I appreciate what they do. Jeff brought the kids down, thus AJ's involvement.

Speaking of my big kindergartener, day three (Monday) seemed to go by smoothly. AJ's recap of the day included:

"We had lunch. We didn't have gym. We had math, but it wasn't real math."

"What kind of math was it?"

"It was monkey math."

The conversation deteriorated from there, so I have no clue what monkey math is all about. He had an activity sheet in his backpack, but he insisted that wasn't it. So I guess we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment