Saturday, October 16, 2010

Eleven years

What a journey these last 11 years have been. I am so thankful for my travel partner who has been with me throughout this adventure.

I was thinking about this last night, remembering some of the stress and nerves of the wedding rehearsal and groom's dinner.

Throughout our engagement as we planned for the big day, I think I kept a pretty level head, keeping in mind that a wedding is one day, and it's all the days after it that really matter.

But on the eve of our wedding, as we were dealing with lost luggage issues and other last minute details, I certainly wasn't thinking beyond the next day. And I certainly couldn't have foreseen that 11 years out, this would be our life:

How grateful I am.
How in love I am.
How curious I am to imagine what we'll be doing 11 years from now.
Perhaps we'll be teaching AJ to drive and chauffeuring Sydney to some junior high-related activity. Perhaps I'm just going to savor this moment and not think that far ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment