Thursday, October 14, 2010

More bedtime conversations

Last night, it was AJ's turn to get "Mommy snuggle time" at bedtime. I alternate between the kids, and they keep careful track.

As much as I enjoy the sweet moments with Sydney, I savor the conversations I've had with AJ, laying in the dark in the final moments before he falls asleep. His curiousity amazes me. His train of thought baffles me.

"Who was president when you were born?" is one of his favorite questions. It's generally followed by, "how old were you when he died?"

Last night I could tell AJ was tired. He wanted to cuddle, but wasn't particularly talkative. Just as I was thinking he must have fallen asleep, he whispered, "Mom, you kind of smell like Mrs. Boese." (His kindergarten teacher)

"Oh?" I responded. "And what does Mrs. Boese smell like?"

He thought for a moment. "Kind of like nice candles," he answered. Then, after another moment of thought he amended his answer, "She smells like a good teacher."

He is going to be such a charmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment