Wednesday, October 27, 2010

sNOw!


I'm not ready for this! It's ironic that I feel this way. In reality, I'm more prepared for winter this year than any other. The kids have winter coats that fit, plus hats and gloves/mittens that I already washed and verified still fit from last year. AJ still needs boots, and the zipper is broken on my winter coat, but other than that, we're set.

That said, I'm not ready for this!

We got a couple inches of snow. I haven't heard an official total (probably because I didn't have time to watch the news) but it was definitely a non-uniform storm. Duluth schools closed down. As soon as I heard that I expected a domino effect with everyone else closing too, but no. When I reached work, there was no snow on the ground. In fact, the only snow I saw is what I transported in on my car. Two colleagues who live over the hill, however, were dealing with power outages and 6+ inches of snow.

AJ's school had already been set to have a shortened day today for some reason, so Jeff and the kids had all afternoon to make the most of our front yard's new ground cover. By the time I got home, the lovely snow woman you saw above had a mate (it was too dark to get a picture.) Sydney informed me that the snow couple is Jeff and me. I suggested that perhaps the snowboy and snowgirl were her and AJ. Absolutely not. It's Mommy and Daddy.

Yes it is. I should know better than to question an artist's work. By that same token, I guess I should also know better than to question God's delivery of what seems to be a way-too-early winter blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment