Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sound effects

The child who can click his tongue louder than anyone I've ever heard, and who taught himself to whistle, now can make a new sound.

It's quite possibly the most annoying sound I've ever heard him make. But perhaps I think that only because he's been making that sound ever since I picked him up after school this afternoon:

In the hallway on the way out the door.

In the car on the way to get Sydney.

At Kids Korner while picking up Sydney.

In the car on the way to Walmart.

Walking through the boys clothes section at Walmart trying to find a tie-dyed shirt for his school play tomorrow.

Walking through the craft section at Walmart trying to find tie-dye materials to dye a shirt for his school play tomorrow.

Driving home, until I yelled I just couldn't take it anymore.

Later in the evening when Daddy finally got home from work.

And lastly, when I turned on the camera and told him he could do it one more time.

And where did he get the idea to make this sound? It's Perry the Platypus from the cartoon Phineas and Ferb, is what he told me.

I should have known. I guess.

1 comment:

  1. What a riot - but I agree that over and over would be very irritating. HOW does he do that? Maybe now is the time to instill in the boy that there's a time and place for clicking his tongue, whistling and being a platypus - before he "drives his teachers nuts", as Grandpa David just said. Makes you wonder how his mouth & tongue are formed, hunh? Grandpa says, "Maybe we can convert him to singing."

    ReplyDelete