Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall feelings

I know there are many people, my husband included, who pick fall as their favorite season of the year.

I am not one of those people.

The temperatures are dropping. Days are getting shorter. Sure, the leaves are pretty - while they last - but they've been gone for at least a week, and it'll likely be seven months before they reappear. Nice days are a treat, not the norm. And it's only going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

That said, I think I'm beginning to understand why some feel a certain appreciation for these waning days before snow. It's a sentimental fondness linked to memories from childhood. I suspect my children will be joining the masses who look forward to fall as the season when Dad says those magical words, "Who wants to go outside and play football?"

I'll let the pictures tell the story.





Friday was definitely one of the "treat" days. MEA weekend meant no school for AJ, and the temperatures reached the 60s. We finished the day with a campfire and s'mores in the backyard.
In other words, it's not just the kids who will have fond memories of this perfect day that just happened to be in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment