Sunday, October 17, 2010

Everybody in!

Jeff and I celebrated our anniversary with a very nice dinner and overnight stay at a motel.

With no kids.

I am forever indebted to my sister for watching my kids overnight. I suspect the best way to show my appreciation will be to pay it forward. So Jonathon and Jessica, if you're reading this, if you ever have kids of your own, put me on speed dial for babysitting.

This weekend was such a good reminder of how full my life is. Saturday night was all about relaxing and enjoying time with just my husband. Then, Sunday morning, we could better appreciate the chaos our marriage has produced:

The Bianchi's brought the kids and joined us for some swimming and lunch in our hotel's waterpark. Guess who's not afraid of the water anymore.
Over and over again she went down the slide. She didn't seem to care if I was waiting at the bottom to catch her. Though of course she always appreciated the applause and praise for her bravery.

Neither of my children are comfortable putting their head underwater yet. The wettest AJ's hair got was from the water spraying cannon in the wading pool area.

My brother and nephew joined us as well, though a lack of swim diapers kept them out of the pool. At least we were able to have lunch together. I'm not sure if this was the first time Zane sampled pizza, but based on his enthusiastic response to it, I'm willing to bet it won't be his last.


And now it's time to return to reality of work and our other daily routines, which will soon become even more hectic with the start of hockey practice for AJ in just two weeks. My life is wonderful. I am blessed. My life is wonderful. I am blessed. Maybe if I repeat that enough, I'll be able to focus on the positives of the present, rather than remember the fun of 11 years ago as Jeff and I jetted off for a week in Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment