Friday, October 8, 2010

Migration patterns

Just like that! In the space of 24 hours the kids went from having four grandparents in the state, to zero. Grandpa David and Grandma Elouise headed south Thursday morning, followed by Grandpa Bill and Grandma Jo on Thursday night.

I guess, technically, Bill and Jo will still be in the state for a few more hours. They spent the night camped in the parking lot of the WalMart in Cloquet, which is where we were able to catch up with them for a few more hugs and kisses to last until next spring.

As we drove home, AJ asked, "why do my grandmas and grandpas go to different states to get away from the snow?"

You just answered your question, kiddo.

I do feel kind of bad that he won't have any grandparents around when his school does a special "Grandparents Day program" on October 20. Despite the name, any family members are invited to attend, so I'll be sure to go. Though... if any of the 20-something parents mistake me for a grandparent... that's when I'd really feel bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment