Sunday, November 21, 2010

Meanwhile, the other kids...

My 4-legged kids have no problem making themselves at home. One morning last week, I had to stop home briefly from work. Here's what I found:

Not only did Maggie not look the slightest bit embarrassed or ashamed, she never really looked up. Not when she saw a camera pointed at her. Noteven when I asked if she wanted to go outside. The message: "I'm sleeping. This is my routine. It's swell to see you, but please don't wake me again."

Spike, meanwhile, continues to demonstrate why I always believed she was the smarter of the two cats.


What you don't see in the above picture is the heat vent in the floor. That's because she's completely covering it, warming her body on a chilly morning. Occasionally she'll switch her spots and I'll find her in the kitchen in front of the heat register that's below the kitchen sink. But during daylight hours she prefers this spot, because it gives her a decent view out the sliding door of birds and any other activity in our backyard. It's no accident she's lived 16 years. She's no dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment